=REUBEN= Forum Index =REUBEN=
Welcome to the official =REUBEN= forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheffield tonight
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonesy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Sheffield tonight Reply with quote

Top quality, they only played 6 as there was a sound problem which resulted in them losing time and having to sound check in front of us, I was stood front row directly in front of Jamie screaming all the words back. Spoke to all 3 after they were all class, shook my hand and loads of other people too. Spoke to Guy the most and he went and got me a nice battered Zildjian drum stick from the back, superb. Awesome guys and an awesome show, short but sweet. IMO FAE superior to Biffy, I left a bit early because I had enough of them after a while. Reuben were undoubtedly the best band out there tonight, but then again, I would say that Smile If anyone has any pics I would love to see them, cheers.
Amber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey yo, I was the girl in the middle of the second row taking pictures and chatting/pestering the guys for pictures after the show.
Wow they like know me now from the previous gigs at York when I've stumbled up to them, drunk, screamed at them, taken their picture and then ran away. But last night I was sober and felt very uncool, but oh well, it's all fun and games at the end of the day.
I have a new pink Reuben t-shirt signed, naturally, and a signed album poster which is going on my wall.
Will post the pics up when I can get them on my comp.

Some Mothers Do Ave'Em is a good song, look out for it Reubenites!

I went to Uni and it was shit, I still don't have a good job, would have rather have been in a cool band, so please don't feel bad!

Last edited by Amber on Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
hempy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have new t-shirts??????????????????
<@ZoFreX> but Wikipedia is down
<@ZoFreX> AND I DON'T KNOW WHETHER THAT'S IRONIC OR NOT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Amber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they do, they've gone for the retro tape of the album in either pink or red. I'll be wearing my pink one in the pics so peel the eyes!

I went to Uni and it was shit, I still don't have a good job, would have rather have been in a cool band, so please don't feel bad!
Jonesy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, anyone else get any pics? Look forward to seeing them Amber when you get round to it.
Gary Bray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amber wrote:
Hey yo, I was the girl in the middle of the second row taking pictures and chatting/pestering the guys for pictures after the show.
Wow they like know me now from the previous gigs at York when I've stumbled up to them, drunk, screamed at them, taken their picture and then ran away. But last night I was sober and felt very uncool, but oh well, it's all fun and games at the end of the day.
I have a new pink Reuben t-shirt signed, naturally, and a signed album poster which is going on my wall.

I think you were stood to the left of me (i was the boy with the ginger hair..)
I thought they were pretty cool, but was a shame about their lack of songs. I was more than impressed by their new one though! We talked to Jamie afterwards and he said 'All the new album songs are like that!' and when asked when it was being released, he said 'early next year'. We were quite surprised!

The setlist was as follows (I think!!)
Stuck In My Throat
NoOne Wins The War
New Song! [I think it contained the word, 'mothers' .. correct me if you know Amber!]
Freddy Kreuger
Words From Reuben
Lets Stop Hanging Out

All in all though it was still pretty good. I kind of expected a few more fans of them there, but dont i always. Hopefully they'll be better at Leeds with Hundred Reasons!

Last edited by Gary Bray on Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
hempy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool set, and the new song is called Some Mothers Do ave em
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gary Bray

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to put that! But, i didnt want to sound like an idiot if i was wrong, so i left it open for others to say! Embarassed Did u go aswell Hempy, or hear the song elsewhere?
hempy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt go i heard it a few times now, love it Smile
Rowan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out jamie's Chernobyl Children t-shirt
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words From Reuben? If that was one of the songs they had to cut due to string problems in Nottingham then guitar strings are offically out of my good books Sad

D'you think when Jesus comes back he's ever gonna wanna see a fucking cross?
Amber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Bray wrote:
Amber wrote:

I think you were stood to the left of me (i was the boy with the ginger hair..)

Yeah I saw people to the left and right of me all singing along to the fun time tunes. A few people turned up for Reuben which was good to see.

Last edited by Amber on Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Munoir

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left about 5 or 6 songs through Fibby Lycro. I don't find them too interesting (as good a band as they are)

Reuben's set was shit hot. My mate saw them in Nottingham on the Tuesday and told Jamie to play Words From Reuben but Jamie said they didn't have enough time or something (My mate was drunk so he couldn't remember too much of what he said). He still reckons he had convinced them to play it. I think he's bullshitting.

I was really surprised to hear them play it and loved singing along to it. I was right in front of Jamie on the front row too. Me and my friends (who are all drummers) gave Guy a load of praise afterwards, spoke to Jon for a while and finally collected Jamie for a short chat. Jamie actually remembered me as the guy who sang along to all the songs in Liverpool.
It was a top night although I thought the second band spoiled the line up.

http://www.cloneromeo.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jonesy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I saw you, you were the one who kept shouting Fibby Lycro and asked me who's drum stick I was clinging onto. I left part way their their set and all, part of me wanted to stay as they did rock pretty hard and had some good tunes/riffs, but it all got a bit samey. Reuben were definitely the best band on that bill!
Amber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munoir wrote:
I left about 5 or 6 songs through Fibby Lycro. I don't find them too interesting (as good a band as they are)

Reuben's set was shit hot. My mate saw them in Nottingham on the Tuesday and told Jamie to play Words From Reuben but Jamie said they didn't have enough time or something (My mate was drunk so he couldn't remember too much of what he said). He still reckons he had convinced them to play it. I think he's bullshitting.

I was really surprised to hear them play it and loved singing along to it. I was right in front of Jamie on the front row too. Me and my friends (who are all drummers) gave Guy a load of praise afterwards, spoke to Jon for a while and finally collected Jamie for a short chat. Jamie actually remembered me as the guy who sang along to all the songs in Liverpool.
It was a top night although I thought the second band spoiled the line up.

Aww wow I go to Grimsby college. Chavs are there by day...but gangsters at night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    =REUBEN= Forum Index -> Live All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: